[Om2008.9] ButtonPress event for button 3 (right mouse button)

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Fri Mar 6 09:27:03 CET 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 09:04 +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Friday, March 06, 2009 a las 08:54:49AM +0100, Ed Kapitein escribió:
>

> > On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 07:52 +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The question is seriously, so please don't respond with 'use the right
> > > finger': How can I generate the X11 event ButtonPress/ButtonRelease for
> > > button 3, i.e. the right button of the mouse, with the touchpad of the
> > > FR? Thx
> > >
> > > 	matthias
> >
> > Hi Matthias,
> >
> > The way i work arround this is by having an xmessage with three buttons.
> > if i press button 1 xmodmap wil map the click to button 1
> > if i press button 2 xmodmap wil map the click to button 2 for a while
> > if i press button 3 xmodmap wil map the click to button 3 for a while
> > (right click)
> >
> > It is not perfect, but it suits my needs. ( using all mouse functions in
> > vnc for example )
>
> Hi Ed,
>
> Yes, I need it exactly for vncviewer; could you please be so kind and
> mail me your scripts; in Om2008.9 there is not even xmessage, but I
> think I can 'borrow' one from Debian;
>
> Thx and kind regards
>
> 	matthias

Sure, it is at http://www.kapitein.org/openmoko/mod_mouse

But be aware, i run this script on the host where i connect to, not on
the freerunner itself.
i use kde, so i added a symlink to the script in ~/.kde/Autostart.
This way every time i log in to my desktop the xmessage is triggered.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Ed