[Debian] Launch openmoko-panel-plugin functions from .desktop files?

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 8 15:55:34 CET 2009

Hello,

Since illume doesn't provide a systray (and the screen's too slim for all the
icons anyway), I'm looking for a way to for example launch the usb-mode- or
the shutdown/suspend/wifi(on|off)-panel by hand from some .desktop icon
instead of the (unavailable) systray symbol. I had a look at the code but I
don't really understand what launches what and when there... As of writing
this, I remember some of that must be possible through mdbus calls, but does
frameworkd provide functions for switching usb host/client mode? (Okay, I
could find that out myself, API docs ftw...)
But the question stays the same: Can I somehow launch these nice panels
manually?

--
Marcel