[debian] Installing *.ipk/*.opk part 1: Dependencies

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Mar 14 03:34:27 CET 2009

>>> Nice it would be grat in future if we (debian users) could just add opkg
>>> repos as deb ones...  maybe with different priority... it may be difficult
>>> and risky, but indeed useful!
> Wouldn't it be much easier to just create real debian packages?

Well, since [io]pkgs can be found in all kinds of places, it would
definitely be preferable to just be able to install [io]pkgs directly
without depending on the willingness to make a .deb variant of it.

Of course, another option is to create a tool like Alien that takes
a .[io]pk and turns it into a .deb.  Most likely such a tool would
mostly tweak the architecture tag and adjust a few dependencies.

        Stefan