[QtExtended] some things

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 16:12:13 CET 2009

On Monday 16 March 2009, Dale Maggee wrote:
> Johny Tenfinger wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 15:06, Dale Maggee <antisol at internode.on.net>
wrote:
> >> Is this in SHR? If so, maybe it's worth trying out.
> >
> > Yes, it's standard Illume keyboard. SHR is using that ;)
>
> aah, excellent - that keyboard works quite well once you force it to
> always use the terminal keyboard, as Bill suggested earlier in this thread.

The 'corrective' part also works really well once you know how it works, and
the more you use it the better it gets because it picks up your words and
their usage frequency. It always offers exactly what you entered too. It's not
perfect, but it's better than anything else I've used onscreen for ordinary
text.