[Mokomaze 0.5.0] is released

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Fri May 1 21:09:43 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 11:21:42AM -0700, ANT wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Mokomaze 0.5.0 (ball-in-the-labyrinth game) with completely new physics and
> graphics engines is released! As I said before, there are a lot of changes
> since previous version:
>  * a good-looking skin
>  * use ODE (Open Dynamics Engine) instead of my own physics engine
>  * rolling ball animation
>  * falling ball animation
>  * gravity calibration feature
>  * GUI improvements
>  * added exit button
> I've also added _2_new_levels_.
>
> The ball became 3D and physics now calculates angular velocities, so the
> game consumes more CPU time than before, but framerate stays more than
> decent, so no lagging.
>
> Please take into account that one more dependency was added. Now the game
> requires libode, which is already in Debian, but not in Openmoko
> repositories. So, I've provided an .ipk compiled by myself.
> Other than that, the structure of source code and building system is
> unchanged.
>
> Complete instructions for
>  * installation
>  * avoiding auto-suspend and display dimming
>  * accelerometer calibration
> are available at the project's homepage [1].
> Information on opkg.org was also renewed [2].
> The demonstration video (from announce letter) is available on youtube [3].
>
> The debian package is untested, so let me know if it works or not.
>
> [1] http://mokomaze.projects.openmoko.org/
> [2] http://www.opkg.org/package_121.html
> [3] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVRRXx2kEu8
>
> Have a fun!

Damn, seems fun and would love to but breaks out on Om2008.12 (and I have
libmokoui and libode)

root at om-gta02:~# mokomaze
File_loader: savegame file not found
File_loader: 14 game levels parsed
Segmentation fault

Rui

--
Or is it?
Today is Sweetmorn, the 48th day of Discord in the YOLD 3175
+ So let's do it...?