[QtExtended] Latest and greatest, progress mail 11

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Mon May 4 13:21:15 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 12:57 PM, giacomo "giotti" mariani
<giacomomariani at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Ciao,
> your work is great, as always.
> I'd like to ask to all of you involved in QtEI development: what do you
> think about something like a stable QtEI.tar.gz+kernel ready  for the
> FLASH (and/or SD card) memory?

sure, when you can find me a stable and working kernel :-)
For now I'm still on a kernel from April 4th, all newer kernels seem
to have some kind of issue (not unsuspending correctly ater some time,
WSOD, no wifi, ...) so for now I'm on an unstable kernel that is much
more stable than newer kernels :-)

But seriously, some issues still remain to be fixed before we can
release a "stable" QtE version:

* contact management:
  - I don't like it when SIM contacts get merged invisible, so I want
SIM contact import to be optional (and maybe also a SIM export should
exist as option)
  - the building of the contact list is slow (because of too many SQL
statements)
* bluetooth: 2.6.28 kernels like bluez4, QtE doesn't ...
* keyboard: now that the keyboard prediction can be turned off, it is
already much more usable, but still needs a lot of "dragging
left/right/up/down" to make a real sentence with punctuation and
stuff. So some extra buttons and rearranging of existing ones would be
nice ...

I'm still calling for help in any and all of these matters ...

Franky