Ain't it funny..

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Tue May 5 08:27:59 CEST 2009

The community work seems to be slowing down now (because of the
summer?) and the the community doesn't seem to be pushing together for
One Working Distro. We have about 15 distributions around but as far
as I know (I haven't tested them all..), they all are 'developer
skills required', not 'consumer friendly'. We've had Freerunner around
now for about a year and there's still not a proper web browser around
(packaged, 'just works'). Slow/buggy/not supporting JavaScript/etc...
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Browser_review

OM2009 testing 2 was released some days ago. So far ~3 e-mails on the
list about it.
New version of Mokomaze was released some days ago, too. Around 50 mails.
To me this tells that people are more interested in Mokomaze than OM2009.

But still, we have open hardware that can be used as a daily phone.