Ain't it funny..

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue May 5 10:09:00 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 01:22:03PM +0530, rakshat hooja wrote:
> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
>
> > The community work seems to be slowing down now (because of the
> > summer?) and the the community doesn't seem to be pushing together for
> > One Working Distro. We have about 15 distributions around but as far
> > as I know (I haven't tested them all..), they all are 'developer
> > skills required', not 'consumer friendly'. We've had Freerunner around
> > now for about a year and there's still not a proper web browser around
> > (packaged, 'just works'). Slow/buggy/not supporting JavaScript/etc...
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Browser_review
> >
> > OM2009 testing 2 was released some days ago. So far ~3 e-mails on the
> > list about it.
> > New version of Mokomaze was released some days ago, too. Around 50 mails.
> > To me this tells that people are more interested in Mokomaze than OM2009.
> >
> > But still, we have open hardware that can be used as a daily phone.

> I have just moved from 2008.12 Kustomizer to SHR Testing and it works as a
> daily phone just fine. Chatted on pidgin for a long time yesterday without
> any problem for the first time. I shifted as I am traveling for the 2 months
> and wont be in office for regular updates so needed a stable phone for
> calling and sms.
>
> I think once paroli becomes non full screen  (if it already has announcement
> needed) more people will be interested in OM 2009 as they can have a stable
> phone and also play mokomaze

Mirko helped me with this!

Edit /etc/paroli.cfg (or /etc/paroli/paroli.conf, look for it since I don't know
from heart and the phone is in another room), and set to true the activated
status of "advanced" and restart paroli.

Then press aux for about 2 seconds until the menu appears, select phone, then
profile, then illume. WARNING: be tolerant and wait a few seconds (maybe 10 at
most) until the UI stabilizes.

Have fun!

Rui

--
Grudnuk demand sustenance!
Today is Setting Orange, the 52nd day of Discord in the YOLD 3175
+ So let's do it...?