PS3 Linux [was - Re: OpenMoko and LCD TV]

The Digital Pioneer digitalpioneer at gmail.com
Wed May 6 05:53:46 CEST 2009

Yeah, I know the PS3 has very little RAM, but it's extremely fast RAM is it
not? I've also been told 3D isn't working... Do you have any idea if/when it
will? And how's the actual system speed? You've got 8 threads available to
you, do you not? Two PPU threads, and 6 SPU? I know one SPU is kept
disabled, and another is reserved for the PS3 OS. Still, 8 threads at 3.2GHz
each should be blazing fast. But that's all theory.