Intone (0.30 - beta release) Elementary based mplayer frontend

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:43:02 CEST 2009

2009/5/6 c_c <cchandel at yahoo.com>:
>>> 1. could you provide a setting for the default directory at startup?
>>
>  I'm not sure what you mean. I wrote intone with the idea that you don't
> need to deal with directories at all. Add songs, select/edit a playlist, and
> that gets loaded when you start.
>  Or are you talking about a default directory in the directory browser?

yes, i'm talking about a default directory.

i prefer not to use the playlists, selecting albums folder by folder,
using the file structure as if it was a library - much easier and
simpler i find

>>>2. is there any chance of getting songs displayed with their id3 tags,
>>>rather than filenames?
>>
>  Thats going along - though slowly. I'm going to release a new version by
> the weekend that allows the user to toggle to a different view with album
> art and id3 tags (if available).
>  Do you want id3 tags in the list too?

yes, that'd be great. so long as it doesn't slow things down too much

>>>3. there's an annoying flickering whenever i enter a new directory in
>> ?the 'add albums' page.
>>
>  Are you talking about the 1st entry getting selected/unselected 3 times or
> 4?

yes, you put it better than me

> That seems to happen when I use genlists - seems like an elementary thing -
> though it could be my fault. Let me try and solve that.

great

>  The new version will also have sliders for bass and treble. And some
> cleanups.

i'd say: keep it simple and leave the sliders out - i know what a hard
job it is mixing and mastering music for hundreds of different
playback devices, and i'm not sure what we can add by clumsily
tweaking the sound with a software EQ.

i like intone *a lot* as it is. i think with the above things, it'd be
perfect. so many apps get more and more bloated, adding (imo)
unnecessary features. but that's just me

oh, one other thing - can you make the play button change to a pause
symbol when it's playing?

cheers