PS3 Linux [was - Re: OpenMoko and LCD TV]

roguemoko at roguewrt.org roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed May 6 23:24:29 CEST 2009

On 6/05/2009 6:39 PM, Yorick Moko wrote:
> have you tried pairing yourn FR to the ps3
> to use it as a controller/keyboard/music(or picture)streamer/whatever ?

Since I left my FR out in the rain, I haven't done much with it.

Surprisingly, it still works ... but the touch area of the shelf doesn't
function. So I can boot, take a call but as soon as I load an app I
can't go back etc. I've been meaning to throw the debian sd card back in
but haven't had the motivation, although debian may allow me to get
around, it's not like it's going to fix the problem with that region of
the touchscreen. There's also some wierd, faint, background effects
going on. They have that wierd mirror/3d effect happening :)

Have to admit I'm rather impressed it even still works at all.

Unfortunately I've had to move on, at least until I can figure out
another use for it, other than a phone. Not that I can't think of
anything but my life is pretty device saturated at the moment and the
touchscreen issue limits it's use.

Sarton