Om2009 testing Release 2

Angus Ainslie nytowl at openmoko.org
Thu May 7 15:10:39 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 10:23 +0100, Tom Yates wrote:
> where would you like us to report bugs?  here, or is there a tracker?  and
> what about things which are not necessarily bugs (ie, possible RFEs)?

Please report them to https://docs.openmoko.org/trac and set the
milestone to Om2009

> > two times (huh, now again.. so three times) the tele crashed during
> > phone call (call did not get disconnected so i could finish it.) then
> > paroli restart or neo restart...
>
> i'm getting this, both with calls made and calls received.  what can i
> provide that will help diagnose this?

This is fixed with the current unstable but some new issues have shown
up.  If you would like to test the fixes change the repo from testing to
unstable. For now don't upgrade framework just "opkg install paroli".
Once the issues with the framework are sorted there will be a new image.

> > i never really understood the time changing by pressing the AUX
> > button... and how do you set alarm time?
>
> now there's an interesting feature!
>
> > autosuspend although enabled did not work, autodim does work
>
> i also find this.
>
> >> Bugs fixed
> >> 	Power button does not shutdown device
> >
> > not for me :)
>
> ditto.

I'm pretty sure I got my side of this fixed now ( again currently in
unstable ). The current workaround is

cp /etc/freesmartphone/oeventsd/paroli_rules.yaml /etc/freesmartphone/oeventsd/rules.yaml

Thanks for testing

Angus