[SHR] Podboy (0.0.1 - pre-alpha release)

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Thu May 7 17:06:11 CEST 2009

Valery Febvre wrote:
> Podboy is a podcast aggregator/player written in Python/Elementary.
>
> Its interface aims to be easy and finger friendly.

I've just seen the screenshots but the interface is very cool.
Compliments ;)

> It uses Feedparser Python module for download/parsing of podcast feeds,

I've not tried it, so I'm only figuring this, but not to block the
interface you could use the ecore_con (ecore_file_download) functions to
retrieve the data.

> Gstreamer for playing of episodes and SQLite for storing data.

Is it gstreamer better than mplayer (from the performance point of view)?

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/