Om2009 testing Release 2

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Thu May 7 17:29:32 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Angus Ainslie <nytowl at openmoko.org> wrote:
> callrec is in the feeds now so there shouldn't be any need to install it
> from an outside source. Is there a dictator recipe somewhere ?
>
> There are 4 apps that I would add to the feed if there were bitbake
> recipes for them pythm, woosh, intone and mokomaze. The players would
> need to to have mp3 support installed from outside the OM feeds. I'm
> also open to suggestions of other applications.
>
> Angus

I'm really glad to hear this!

I'd really like to have all the cool apps from opkg.org find a new
home in the official feeds. To me it has looked to be very difficult
to do so Angus, could you make sure that there are proper instruction
available in the wiki how to create the bitbake recipes and then start
a campaign (=e-mail thread in the community list, make sure it's in
the community news etc) to get as many apps in the official feeds as
possible.. This would make the official distros more usable as people
wouldn't need to install apps from opkg.org or projects.openmoko..