How to use Google Map on tangoGPS

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Fri May 8 20:24:40 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 05:58:52AM +0800, Daniel.Li wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 08:53 -0700, jeremy jozwik wrote:
> > i use it all the time for editing the los angeles area. works great!
> > it can get a bit noisy when walking though
>
> Yes, if you use GoogleMap. I just "walking into a river" :(
>
> But I didn't analysis the data yet. But how can I walk into the
> river??? :)

   I believe it's what they call an urban canyon. When you have something
tall - usually a building - which reflects the GPS signals on one side of
you, you will appear to be in a different position than where you really
are. Whatch your HDOP values - it's the third of the slash separated values
shown by TangoGPS on the main screen. If it's as much as 4.5, the position
shown can easily be 30 - 40 m off.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen