Freerunner as a wireless streamplayer?

MartinG gronslet at gmail.com
Fri May 8 22:46:15 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 1:45 PM, David Garabana Barro
<david at garabana.com> wrote:
> O Domingo, 19 de Abril de 2009, MartinG escribiu:
>> Is it possible to download an image, simply reflash the phone, connect
>> to my wlan, and opkg/ipkg install a player that is able play streams
>> from my local server?
>
> With shr you will be able to connect to your wlan with no extra software with
> mofi. Don't forget to turn on wifi on "SHR-Settings" before opening mofi
> Debian will be sightly more complex.
>
> You can download any of the mplayer frontends from www.opkg.org.

Thanks for your feedback - I've (finally) installed SHR testing now.
Looks quite nice, and was easy to reflash :).
I've only tested it for half a day (and managed to crash/hardlock the
thing several times already :/, but hey, maybe the best Freerunner
software I've seen wrt look and feel).

I managed to get Mofi working to connect to my wlan (WPA-PSK+AES).
But, after suspend/resume, I'm not sure however how to get online
again (over wlan). Maybe a know issue? (It seems I'm not able to
enable wlan again in the settings)

As for mplayer - are there any known to work mplayer frontends (or any
other *player frontends) for SHR? I managed to get pythm work, but am
not sure how to make it load files over the LAN.

As a sidenote; I am not able to boot the device when USB is connected.
Is this a know "bug"? Are there any known workarounds?

-MartinG