[SHR] Podboy (0.0.1 - pre-alpha release)

Valery Febvre vfebvre at easter-eggs.com
Sat May 9 14:33:13 CEST 2009

Richy wrote:
> It would be really cool if there was a way to remove files from
> "downloads" as I already listened to them and there are 37 episodes in
> it now, slowing things down a bit.

Yes, good idea

> Also the whole program locks up while connecting to the internet. It
> continues to run after it's done. A little threading would improve user
> experience, I guess!

Unfortunately no.
Every download is already run in a wget sub-process.

Gui is not freezed during downloads, it's just very slow.
You can experienced big slowness during downloads if:
1. you use "Download all" button
2. your podcasts are stored in the SD
glamo's bus is too small to handle in the same time IO for SD and
graphics :-(

> Otherwise: Really nice Program! *Thumbs up*

Thx

--
Valéry