[shr-testing] yaouh breaking tangogps

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Sat May 9 14:54:35 CEST 2009

2009/5/10 jeremy jozwik <jerjoz.forums at gmail.com>:
> last night i installed yaouh to update my tangogps files. it ran once
> but i had to stop it along the way due to other issues
>
> ran it again latter. opened up tangogps and i can see no map at all.
> switching repos does not display any map. opkg remove did not work
> either, seems tangogps remembers itself and will not do a clean
> remove.

as far as i know, the only file tangogps creates that makes any
reference to the repository, is ~/.gconf/apps/tangogps/%gconf.xml

try renaming/deleting that, and then reinstall tangogps.

as to why yaouh screwed things up; i've never seen that, and dozens of
times i've stopped it/had it drop out part-way through, and i've never
had a problem - it seems very robust

> so now i have a tangogps with a map repository that on its own shows
> the maps. just not within tangogps itself.

are there any tiles in your maps directory? can you get new tiles, by
dragging the map to an area you haven't been before? or, you could try
the 'download maps' option in tango, to force downloading of an area