Booting GTA02v6 without battery (was: Re: Need battery help in DC area)

Daniel.Li lida_mail at 163.com
Sun May 10 10:40:38 CEST 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 10:10 +0400, Paul Fertser wrote:
> The Digital Pioneer <digitalpioneer at gmail.com> writes:
> > Uhhh, since when? The FR can't even run off of pure USB power for more than a few seconds.
>
> I can assure you i tried it myself on GTA02v6 many times and on most
> tries i could boot to NOR without battery. Probably it depends on how
> fast host can enumerate the device but for me it was enough to hold
> AUX, then plug USB, in case it didn't work hold AUX again, press
> POWER... Something like that in most cases lead me to NOR boot menu
> and there the battery can be charged.

Well, I think maybe u hw has fixed problem.

"Make sure your battery never discharges completely.
This is an issue because the internal charging circuitry can not be
turned on until the FreeRunner has booted, and booting through USB power
alone does not work on early A5/6 devices."

--
Daniel.Li <lida_mail at 163.com>
PALFocus (http://palfocus.oicp.net)