what hardware version do I REALLY have?

Doug Jones dj6mf at frombob.to
Sun May 10 21:25:15 CEST 2009

I ordered my FreeRunner from the Openmoko store in April 2009.  By that
time, someone on the list was telling people that all FreeRunners
currently shipping were hardware version 6 or later.  (I really wanted
version 7, but decided I didn't want to wait, 6 would be good enough.)

Well, I just did cat /proc/cpuinfo and it said:

Revision     : 0350

...which means hardware version 5, I think.

Did they really ship me an older hardware version?

The date code printed inside the phone is 20080605.