what hardware version do I REALLY have?

Doug Jones dj6mf at frombob.to
Sun May 10 23:21:21 CEST 2009

Johny Tenfinger wrote:
> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 21:34, Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think the aux led is such a significant change, it doesn't light
>> that often anyway... I mostly see it on kernel panics which luckily isn't
>> that often :D
>
> But other changes are less significant ;) Booting without battery,
> which still doesn't work... and SD/GPS fix, which is fixed by software
> ;)

Aaaaaargh..........

The SD/GPS issue was the one I really wanted to avoid.  I waited for
many months to order my Neo, just so I could avoid that.  Guess I just
need to start not believing anything I read on this list.  ;)

I've spent the last month trying out various distros and various SD
cards, with varying amounts of agony.
Does anyone know of a list somewhere of distros that have the software
fix and are *known* to work well booted from SD cards >2GB, with GPS
running?

...AND, if/when somebody succeeds in organizing a buzz fix party in
California, is there any possibility of upgrading this v5 to v6 and then
to v7?