[Om2009] testing Release 3

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Mon May 11 09:30:49 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Angus Ainslie <nytowl at openmoko.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 22:24 +0300, Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
>>
>> - some mess sometimes in the top of the screen
>
> Yup, please add it to the bug tracker

I'm a bit unsure about this, I reflashed and wasn't able to see it..
I'll leave it unreported for now.

https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2286

>> - Slow boot time (over 4min with Qi?)
>
> My tests only show a 10 second difference between qi and u-boot, I will
> start working on this soon. I was trying to get it stable before I
> started to optimize

I compared it to 2008.12. I don't have any data here but as far as I
remember it's something like 2-3mins?

>> - the alsastatefile (kurppa.fi/freerunner/temp/gsmhandset.state_2009t3
>> with Right PGA on control.63) is different from the latest 'working
>> one' (with mic2) at
>> http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/raw-attachment/ticket/2121/gsmhandset.state.new
>>
> Oops that was supposed to be in this release I'll see what happened
> tomorrow.

great, thanks!

>> ¤ Is there a way to enable illume from command line?
>
> mdbus org.enlightenment.wm.service /org/enlightenment/wm/RemoteObject
> org.enlightenment.wm.[List|Set]

can't find it..? mdbus -s didn't show me org.enlightenment at all..
and mdbus just tells me 'Service name not found'. Is there any extra
packages required for this or something?

>> ¤ At some stage my FR just decided not to resume any more
>
> Please send a log

Reflashed, but if this happens again, I'll try to see if I can find something..