[QTEi] battery duration

leonardo leonardo at lilik.it
Mon May 11 17:04:56 CEST 2009

David Garabana Barro ha scritto:
> On Monday 11 May 2009 14:46:56 leonardo wrote:
>>> "old" QtE uses deepsleep I believe, that indeed saves battery but
>>> misses out on a whole lot of stuff, because deep sleep has issues.
>> thanks,
>> that explains a lot...
>
> You can find more information about this bug here:
>
> http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1024
>
> And the latest progress on it:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/hardware@lists.openmoko.org/msg01077.html

o my god...

"Finally, after a while I found out that the problem goes
away if I warm up the Calypso chip by a few degrees. The
other chips of the GSM chipset (Digital Baseband and RF
Transceiver) or the 32 kHz and 26 MHz oscillator don't
care about warming, only if I warm up the Calypso,
the problem goes away"

a hardware problem that can be solved warming up the chip is really
original :-)

thanks for the link,
leonardo.
--
http://leonardo.lilik.it
Key fingerprint = 2C20 A587 05AC 42E5 1292  D0D4 3EED CFB5 52FD AD1E