[Om2009] testing Release 3

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Tue May 12 01:55:44 CEST 2009

2009/5/9 Angus Ainslie <nytowl at openmoko.org>:
> Hi,
>
> Another week of hard work brings a new testing image, lets hear it for the kernel,
> paroli and freesmartphone.org teams. As always it still has some issues ( that
> we are still working on )

Some issues important IMHO for daily use:
*) when the display dims, touching it to reactivate results in an
unwanted click event (shr handles this very well)
*) no lock
*) the infamous 1 pixel logout illume panel

Others:
*) random pixel at top of screen and around push buttons
*) If there is no SIM you get 6 messages about failed services
(GSM,GPRS,Audio etc.) they should collapse in a single "no sim
present" message
*) long time operations should be handled with some ui feedbacks (e.g.
display profile switch/the initial paroli setup/wifi scan)
*) it would be nice to have sound ticks when interacting with the UI
*) device should not suspend when connected to usb cable
*) if paroli has a subwindow opened (e.g. dialer) holding aux does not
show settings

A suggestion: switching to the illume display profile only to start
applications seems excessive to me, you have two clocks, two battery
indicators and less space on the screen, it would be nice to use the
AUX button in a smarter way, to lock device, switch to illume launcher
or other X applications, show settings and so on.

The last (already asked), I'd like to bitbake and test other
applications and prefer to stay aligned with om2009, so may you
provide build instructions?

Regards

     Nicola