Ain't it funny..

roguemoko at roguewrt.org roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Tue May 12 08:01:47 CEST 2009

On 8/05/2009 6:58 PM, David Garabana Barro wrote:
> Some time ago, I have recommended several friends*NOT*  to buy a Freerunner,
> because software was not ready. It was a great toy for me, but my friends
> would get desperated. I think it's being open minded (and being a good
> friend;)
>
> If someone feels raped, he can press charges to OM. But complaining on a
> community mailing list won't solve his problems. Don't you think?

Way to chime in at the tail end. It's obvious with Dale's recent emails
that he's frustrated that nobody was listening or taking him seriously.

I witnessed his contributions and willingness to provide feedback, where
he was met with semantics and useless responses that then pushed him to
publicise his opinion and his situation. All still very obvious if you
have paid any attention.

You're love for your device and your 'opinion' in no way solves the
problem that he had no outlet for recouping on a falsely advertised
device. Our laws entitle us to have our money refunded in such a
situation but this does not transcend international borders.

I'd like to know where it is exactly you'd voice your dissent in such a
situation. I'm sure Dale can present you with an audit trail of emails,
trac tickets and the like, long before any of this actually started
publicly.

To top it off, I reckon Dale would have assimilated (now that's a nasty
word over here) had Lorn admitted to the failings of QTE and been
willing to agree that people have differing opinions on the software's
'usefulness', none of this would have ever happened.

The one thing that should never occurred, and I imagine there are a few
people that agree here, is that the FR should never have been advertised
as a phone. Potential to become a phone maybe. This marketing oversight
would have saved a lot of trouble and time.
I say oversight because the people who are supporting openmoko really
don't care whether it's a phone out of the box or not.

Sarton