Ain't it funny..

roguemoko at roguewrt.org roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed May 13 01:59:22 CEST 2009

On 12/05/2009 8:42 PM, David Garabana Barro wrote:
> You're right on this one too. I bought it knowing it was not still an usabe
> phone, and I didn't care about it

Neither did I :)

I'm a big believer in putting one's self into other peoples shoes. Open
source, and the bigger picture, freedom of speech, involves many people
of varied backgrounds with many varied ranges of opinion. There are
people within these ... er hmmm ... communities, who value their own
stance above others, which impedes advancement and resolution of
existing issues.

My situation was/is the same as yours. I only support Dale because I'm
willing to see his perspective and I believe he made valid attempts to
assist with making the FR a usable phone, despite the fact he should not
have had to.

Just because some people on here preach for open source, doesn't make
them right, no matter how much they respond negatively to Dale, who mind
you, has not targeted them directly. This is a 'product' with a
'business model' after all.

Once this immaturity passes, I'm really hoping that minimally Openmoko
has been, or will be the start of something big. I believe this is just
a passing phase and people need to lighten up and realise that all
opinions are valid. If they're not inline with yours just stfu and let
the relevant people involved deal with it. Constructive criticism and
contribution is always good but if your intention is to try and shut the
other person down, well, that's called inflammation and it only prolongs
the pain. I've witnessed this especially in Dales case.

Sarton