Debuzzing

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Wed May 13 12:58:22 CEST 2009

Am 13.05.2009 um 12:26 schrieb Max:

> В Птн, 08/05/2009 в 10:24 +0200, Pander пишет:
>
>> I had my phone recently fixed in a fix party in Germany. Do I also
>> get a
>> free battery?
>
> I'm also interested in this one - should I attend buzz-fix party and
> get
> free battery somehow or it's better to buzz-fix via Nikolaus offer
> (Pulster if I'm not mistaken)?

No, we are Golden Delicious Computers (aka "The Handheld-Linux Shop").

> What's the procedure of ordering free battery for phone fixed on
> buzz-fix party?
>
> best regards,
> Max.

Generally you can choose between looking if someone is organizing a
buzz-fix party or you can send your device to us for the rework
service. Both approaches have pros and cons.

E.g. during a party you meet nice people and can take your device back
immediately. But you may have to travel to distant location - and the
main requirement is that there must be someone who organizes this at
all. The rework service results in a much longer time without a
freerunner but is just as far away from you as the next postal office
or courier service.

The free battery is a courtesy from Openmoko and is included in both
approaches. OM sends a set of spare batteries to the one who organizes
a party. He hands them out to you during that party. But I don't know
if it applies to "I had my phone recently fixed in a fix party in
Germany" or just to future parties.

Hope this clarifies a little and gives you more background information
for decisions,
Nikolaus

Mobile Office Solutions
by Golden Delicious Computers GmbH&Co. KG
Buchenstr. 3
D-82041 Oberhaching
+49-89-54290367
http://www.handheld-linux.com

AG München, HRA 89571
VAT DE253626266
Komplementär:
Golden Delicious Computers Verwaltungs GmbH
Oberhaching, AG München, HRB 16602
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Nikolaus Schaller

Digital Tools for Independent People