[Chaosspawn23 at gmx.net: Re: search good gsmheadset.state file]

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Wed May 13 18:00:00 CEST 2009

> i can send you a copy from the state file that konstantin send me.

would be nice, yes.

> but i m not happy with the config. is this another hardware bug? or i am
> to stupid to find a good setup?

since you don't specify i can't really say anything.

assuming you mean buzzing:
buzz with the headset is said to be still there, because not related to
the known buzz fix.
to remedy this buzz one has to open up the shielded area inside fr and
solder around -- most likely inducing a whole bunch of other issues.

another "fix" is, to disable the mic of the headset -- ie either
mechanically by unsoldering the connection to a pin inside the fr, cutting
the wire in the headset or by shutting down via alsa.

someone proposed to create a state file that allows using the headset's
earpieces together with the built-in mic, ie going the alsa way, but so
far i didn't see one.
and since i am a complete illiterate regarding alsa lingo i can't do it
myself.