[Om2009] testing Release 3

Mirko Lindner mirko at openmoko.com
Wed May 13 20:09:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

Warren Baird wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I thought I'd share my experiences so far with the testing release.
> I've been using QT Extended 4.4.3 as my primary phone for more than 6
> months now, but I decided to try putting the OM2009 TR3 build on my SD
> card to give it a shot.

Great and thx for sharing.

> Is there work ongoing in terms of producing a better user experience for
> OM2009?   I'd love to contribute.  I don't have piles of spare time, but
> I've done a bunch of python coding, am pretty good with the gimp, and
> worked with a Ph.D in user experience for long enough to have half a
> clue about user interface design.

There certainly is work going on and any input is appreciated. I think
there are certainly areas for improvement and we should certainly
address those. Python knowledge is also always welcome :) I will need
some time to compile a list of areas where to improve the UI design
wise, maybe a "paroli-ui" wiki page to complement the current:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Paroli-issues
that was created.

So yeah, om2009 and paroli development as well as optimization are
ongoing and "need some love" to quote from this thread :)

/mirko