[shr-testing] sim not recognised

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Fri May 15 13:03:32 CEST 2009

> sorry, i meant how to mount the microsd card from my desktop, while
> it's in my freerunner, so i can dd the image direct to it.

"mount" and "dd" is mutally exclusive.
dd writes to the raw device.

for mount, my attempt seems to be the only sensible.

what _could_ be possible, would be to feed the image via ssh to dd,
somehow mirroring one of the proposed backup procedures:

> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Pre-Flash_Backup

ssh root at 192.168.0.202 "mkfs.jffs2 -d /var/tmp/root -e 128 --pad
--no-cleanmarkers -x lzo" | pv -W > rootfs.jffs2

here, on the fr a jffs2 image is created and written to the host. maybe
with ssh or scp copying the image to the fr and making dd reading from the
input could work -- but i really don't know.

but that suggestion to scp the image to the raw sd card sounds interesting
-- or rather the claim to success.