New Life in Openmoko Phones

Dave Ball openmoko at underhand.org
Mon May 18 23:47:12 CEST 2009

Toni Mueller wrote:
>> They chose a 100% GPL layout tool, KiCAD
>> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kicad), which uses only text-based
>> files
>
> This sounds good, but you seem to require a certain minimum version of
> Kicad, right? Checking out from OM and running Lenny's Kicad produced
> less-than-satisfactory results... Either the repo is broken, or the
> software is. Some clarification would be nice to have!

I'm currently using 20080825 (latest ubuntu package), and Werner is on
the svn bleeding edge - both seem to work with the current repo.  It's
early days, and we are still experimenting with KiCad to work out how
best to use it collaboratively - so there may be things we need to change.

Come over to the gta03 mailing list and we'll try to help with the
specific problems you're having.

Dave