New Life in Openmoko Phones

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue May 19 18:02:52 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:52:22AM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> That still doesn't explain why removing one of the two accelerometers is
> a good idea.  What is the benefit?  Why not remove them both?
> Is it that all the programs that use the accelerometers (as of now) only
> use one of the two?

I only use one for omnewrotate because that's all I need to infer the
position in order to call xrandr for rotating the screen accordingly.

There are possible uses for two, the least of which are redundancy and
double checking.

> Since it was decided to remove it, there must have been some kind of
> expected benefit.

I'm curious about the expected benefits as well. But the wiki only states
facts and not the reasoning behind them...

Rui

--
Frink!
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 66th day of Discord in the YOLD 3175
+ So let's do it...?