[Om2009] testing Release 3: first impressions

Mirko Lindner mirko at openmoko.com
Wed May 20 10:24:33 CEST 2009

Hiya,

Toni Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought I'd just throw my 0.02 cents into the arena. ;}

Yeah, we want it all :)

> Yesterday I felt bold and flashed Om2009t3 onto my phone, but neither
> moko11 nor the new u-boot yet, though. Playing around without a SIM
> card installed, I found two problems that might be cleared up reading
> the website(s):
>
> 1. Once in the dialer, I couldn't exit. In the wiki it says: Go to the
> main screen of Paroli, then press the AUX button for two seconds. But I
> didn't manage getting back to the main screen, and within the dialer,
> the AUX button didn't work.

Hit the topbar (the small clock the the top of the screen) that should
always get you back to the homescreen.

> 3. The "back/delete" (?) button in the dialer, right to "Call", is so
> tiny that I didn't find out what it was until I hit it.

that one is on me :(

> On the plus side, typing about anything is now MUCH, MUCH faster than
> with Om2008.12 which I had before.

That's good news :)

Btw we are preparing for another beta release in the next few days :)
Hope you are testing that one also and let us know what you think :)

Thanks again :)

/mirko