opkg upgrade fail and can't boot FR to desktop

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Wed May 20 11:53:56 CEST 2009

> I just run opkg update and opkg upgrade a few minutes before.
> And when I shutdown FR and boot it again, it can't boot to desktop.

any chance, you did that with usb cable still plugged in?
in the rare cases, i reboot with the usb plugged in, the boot fails with a
black screen with a bit of backlighting.

> It shows
> btusb_intr_complete: hci0 urb c7020b20 failed to resubmit (19)
> btusb_send_frame: hci0 urb c7020b20 submission failed

looks rather like bluetooth stuff. is bt connected via usb internally?
anyway, i rather doubt it has something to do with your problem.

- what was upgraded? maybe the kernel and now modules don't match or vice
versa?
- did you shut down totally, removed the battery and started again?