[Om2009] testing Release 3: first impressions

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Wed May 20 17:14:56 CEST 2009

>> Reading that wishes are not encouraged at this time, I'd probably
>> better not hold my breath, though.
>
> That has changed a bit. We are now encouraging the community to create a wish
> list. What we also need the community to do is implement the wish list.
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_2009_get_active
>
> There are some core features that OM is going to implement and then we will
> integrate working solutions built by the community.
>
> Angus

This is great to hear Angus, that actually OM will also include some
solutions from the community - I guess it means we might have a change
of shipping a more complete distro, not only the very minimal, almost
working stuff. Is there a possibility of shipping actual applications
- if they fill your quality requirements. I'd like to see tangogps &
numptyphysics & mokomaze included and I have no problems you setting
some quality limits there for apps to pass.

Way to go!