[Shr-User] opkg upgrade fail and can't boot FR to desktop

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Thu May 21 03:02:11 CEST 2009

2009/5/21 Daniel.Li <lida_mail at 163.com>:
>> I've just done
>>
>> sed -i 's/testing/unstable/g' /etc/opkg/*
>> opkg update;opkg upgrade
>>
>> and now I'm getting this too...
>>
>> I can still get in via ssh. It look as though e is missing a library:
>>
>> $ enlightenment_start.oe
>> Enlightenment : using user default
>> E - PID=1530, do_precache=0
>> /usr/bin/enlightenment: error while loading shared libraries:
>> libecore_evas-ver-pre-01.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
>> file or directory
> Add SHR mail list
>
> I remove .e folder, and have another lib missing.
>
> $ enlightenment_start.oe
> E - PID=1662, do_precache=0
> /usr/bin/enlightenment: error while loading shared libraries:
> libecore_evas.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

this was a major bug with the new naming scheme in e - there's
argument as to whether shr caused the problem, or enlightenment did; i
won't comment either way. apparently it's been fixed now, although at
the time a few of us hacked it by creating symlinks from
libecore_evas.so to libecore_evas-ver-pre-01.so (or vice versa, i
can't remember).

this was criticised as being very hacky, but there you go