[GPS] new GPS GUI application for OM freerunner

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Thu May 21 11:19:17 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM, arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:
>> Looks great but PLEASE use /home/root/Maps to store map tiles -> share
>> with Tangogps... right..?
>
> NO!
> please, use $HOME/...
> this "we're all root!" madness has to stop -- and hardcoding paths like
> that is really bad anyway.

Oops, sorry, you're right :) But anyway I think it'd be great to use
the same folder that Tangogps uses ($HOME/Maps) -> I have some 300 000
png tiles there, it's just waste of space, bandwith and time to
download separate files for both - and if/since everyone will symlink,
why not do it by default..