[Om2009] testing Release 3: first impressions

Staley, Daniel L dlstal2 at uky.edu
Thu May 21 16:12:36 CEST 2009

Hi,

I decided I'd try to start using om2009 as my daily phone to help test it out.
Here are a few of my comments (some I'm sure have been mentioned before)

1.)  I really like the paroli look/interface!  It is simple, responsive, and the contrast makes it easy to see.
2.)  If you rotate the screen orientation, the main menu for paroli does not resize well.  Other parts, (the dialer for instance) work fine rotated though.
3.)  This is a big one for me:  When someone sends me a text message, the number does not get looked up in the addressbook.  The lookup works fine when someone calls me, but not when an sms comes in.  I just see the number instead of the name.
4.)  The "people" page needs to jump to the first contact that starts with a letter typed.  I have hundreds of contacts, and scrolling through them to find someone is a royal pain.  If I could jump to a letter, that would be great.

I'll continue testing it and comment about anything else I see, but so far I really like it!  Good job guys!

-Dan Staley