[Om2009] testing Release 3: first impressions

Toni Mueller support at oeko.net
Thu May 21 18:46:54 CEST 2009

Hi Angus,

On Thu, 21.05.2009 at 10:03:50 -0600, Angus Ainslie <nytowl at openmoko.org> wrote:
> The time gets updated from the network

NTP, I assume?

That'd be very much ok.

> Thats paroli talking to the frame work before the framework is ready to
> respond.

Ok.

> I'd prefer digital too and maybe even white on black to match the rest of
> paroli. Send a patch for the paroli-illume profile and I'll integrate it.

In Paroli, it's white on black, but in Illume, the top bar is light
grey. There, it should probably be black on white for that reason.

> > * I have yet to find out how to rotate the screen on demand.
> xrandr

Thank you. I guess that someone should appropriately augment the
"Getting Started" page in the wiki to explain the different GUIs, along
with screenshots/photos. Taking note do do that at some point...

> Instead of configuring it for locatime you should set the correct localtime file
> and set ZONESOURCES=NONE in /etc/frameworkd.conf

There was a dialogue in Paroli where I could adjust the time. There, I
entered the time according to my local time zone, being unaware of the
network time stuff. But I'd prefer to configure an /etc/localtime, like
in any other *nix, too. Doing it in frameworkd.conf should work, too.

Thank you for your hand-holding.

Kind regards,
--Toni++