[shr-testing] Forcing fast charge mode

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:39:20 CEST 2009

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Forcing_fast_charge_mode#The_battery_package
> - it's a great tool to manage the recharge status & monitor the
> charging. it's only a simple .py with the paths nicely listed -> not
> too hard to do but a package would be nice (or just a new .py with
> updated paths)

There is already a thread about this yay!  Anyways I stumbled upon that   page
and I thought that it would come in handy, I am about to go on a trip and
being able to for my FR to pull more power through USB would be handy.  Am I
correct in understanding that the solutions on this page are currently broken,
take this one for example
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Forcing_fast_charge_mode#Beni.27s_fast_charge_gta02.sh
it says that "The /sys paths need to be updated for recent distributions" what
does that mean?  If simply editing the shell script will get it working again
I will be happy to do it if I knew what that means.
--
"We must plan for freedom, and not only for security, if for no other reason
than only freedom can make security more secure."  Karl Popper