[shr-testing] Forcing fast charge mode

Vikas Saurabh vikas.saurabh at gmail.com
Fri May 22 00:26:46 CEST 2009

Check out http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA02_sysfs#GTA02_Kernel_sysfs_highlights_for_kernel_2.6.28.
specifically:
   charger_type =
"/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/pcf50633-mbc/chg_curlim" #limit
that freerunner would accept
   capacity = "/sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity"
   voltage = "/sys/class/power_supply/battery/voltage_now"
   status = "/sys/class/power_supply/battery/status"
   image_dir = "/usr/share/battery/"
   usb_limit = "/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/pcf50633-mbc/usb_curlim"
#current that is actually coming

I have attached a modified battery.py for the
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Forcing_fast_charge_mode#The_battery_package.
I don't know how to make the package so I guess someone might help
here :).

BTW, I don't know python...I have updated it by copying the code...so
it would be great if someone reviews it before packaging.

Moreover, once the information is confirmed we can update
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Forcing_fast_charge_mode with exact
paths as well

--Vikas