Om2009 testing release 4

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Fri May 22 00:53:40 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 01:34:48PM -0600, Angus Ainslie wrote:
> 	- wanted volunteer to change analog clock to digital

I just removed the analog clock, on the paroli-illume profile you
still have the nice paroli clock and the analog isn't really very
readable for me (due to size).

Having a digital clock would be better though, speaking from my
SHR tests runs, it's very readable and always present.

Paroli's clock, of course, won't waste real estate on other paroli
screens, but I still like to always be able to check the time at a
glance on the phone, so I'd keep the paroli clock but also would like
to have a digital clock on the menu bar.

If you want a tester, I'm all for it :)

> Ability to cut 30 seconds off boot time
> 	- DO NOT use this if you use bind-home
> 	- install udev-static-devices to get this speed boost
> 	- any solutions on using bind-home and static-devices appreciated

This I will do tomorrow.

You could, although, just ln -s /media/card/home /home and this
shouldn't then be a problem, right?

> 	- suspend fails after a call http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/435

This happened to me with SHR-unstable, and then calls would also be
somewhat lost. I could understand a call was being made by the interference
with the computer speakers at home, but the phone didn't do anything.

I hope it's not the same since this, in effect, makes you loose calls.

Rui