[q, fsot] howto dbus

Christian Gagneraud cgagneraud at techworks.ie
Fri May 22 20:52:46 CEST 2009

arne anka wrote:
> that's maybe rather ot, but since i need it to program _with_ qt _for_ the
> freerunner ...
> short'n'sweet: has anybody a clear and usable tutorial howto write dbus
> apps with qt, notably registering an app to dbus and recieve dbus
> signals/events?
>
> say, as a plausible scenario, i want to subscribe to dbus and receive
> information about incoming calls (the same stuff zhone receives) ar make a
> call -- how do i go about?
>
> the stuff i found so far is to complex and has to little hands-on examples
> to use already existing infrastructure -- i am rather the type that
> embarks from small examples upon larger quests, not from reading lengthy
> texts and code which creates complete apps inclusive gui and all.

Hi Arne,

I tried some time ago to use FSO DBUS with QT-4.5, as i'm a new comer
to qt, i've learned the basics with their online doc[1] and
tutorials[2] and did googling a lot! Then i took a look at telepathy
as a serious QT/DBUS real-life example.

I tried to use their (telepathy) dbus proxy generator, but finally i
gave up more by lack of time. The FSO XML specs has to be enhanced to
ease the work of the generator...
Anyway i will have to go back to this in few month as  we will use FSO
DBUS interface likely with QT in some incoming project within my company.

If you find anything interesting about QT/DBUS/FSO, please share it!

Have fun!
Chris

[1] http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qtdbus.html
[2] http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/examples.html#d-bus