USB networking MAC regression (aka the usb0 -> eth0 change)

Nicolas Cavallari batchman at free.fr
Sun May 24 16:34:25 CEST 2009

>> Johny Tenfinger wrote :
>>> Which distro? In SHR-unstable it should be fixed for long time, but in
>>> others, where kernel is using arguments passed by Qi (dunno if Om2009
>>> is using Qi or SHR way for settings MAC address...) it isn't, because
>>> of bug in Qi.
> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 19:33, Nicolas Cavallari <batchman at free.fr> wrote:
>> It's the latest SHR Testing.
>> but my Qi installation may not be up to date...

Screw that, Qi was up to date.

Johny Tenfinger wrote :

> Try latest SHR-unstable. It should be really better than -testing, and
> it should have it fixed (not depending to bootloader).

>From what i saw, unstable does just increment the host mac adress if the device and the host mac are
the same, just like Paul Fertser's Qi patch on the kernel@ mailling list.

I don't want to try SHR-unstable right now (i use my FR as my main phone), but hacking the
g_ether.sh script to do the same thing also fix the problem.

I also created a ticket on trac, as suggested :
https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2290