[Om2009] a community effort

pike pike-openmoko at kw.nl
Thu May 28 14:18:42 CEST 2009

Hi

After I installed it, I used myself as a case study for a first
time dummy user of om2009.
As usual, I write down every question I encounter in real time,
optionally with some emoticons; later, I add the actions I took in
response to those questions and even later some thoughts to improve
the process.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:Pike/OM2009_first_run

It's interesting to see I am getting more and more
frustrated after question #9 .. about one hour after
playing with the phone and reading docs.

All in all, it wasn't a 100% pleasant experience yet.
I'm proud I hurdled myself through sofar :-)

> Please mail on to the list for everyone to see. This way we all can
> learn & share the experiences!

It may not be so interesting for most
people on the list. I am mainly interested in
the user process here - not in core technical
issues .. so .. I've put it on the wiki.

$2c,
*-pike