Tangogps or navit with prepackaged Europe map

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Thu May 28 16:29:20 CEST 2009

Hi Laszlo,

Don't forget to set your location in the navit.xmlfile too.
( <navit center=" )
Make sure you map covers the location entered there.
you also might need to remove the center.txt file.

In the gtk interface there should be a pulldown menu "map" in the top
bar, is that present?
That would indicate that the map is loaded.

For navigation you do need a gpsd, but it is not necesary to have it at
startup. I use navit often to calculate a route between two points,
without the gpsd switched on.

When started from commandline, do you see any error messages ( besides
the "no gpsd found" ofcourse)?

Kind regards,
Ed