Intone (0.30 - beta release) Elementary based mplayer frontend

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Fri May 29 02:57:56 CEST 2009

c_c wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
>> However I've noticed that the interface hangs as soon as I play a
>> song... But maybe this is just due to my mplayer version.
>> Have you tried it?
>>
>  There are two things to look for:-
>   1. Does mplayer play the same song from the command line? I have a few wma
> files that mplayer has issues handling - and intone hasn't yet grown to
> handle unexpected mplayer errors. That's on my list (actually to shift the
> entire mplayer handling to ecore_exe_pipe_run) - but I haven't really gotten
> around to doing it yet.

Yes... It still plays while the interface hangs; so it's not a file
issue. Just a GUI problem there.

>   2. Does the version of elementary support sliders in 2008?

Om2008 neither has elementary; I've compiled it for it recently (I mean
just few weeks ago) and all the apps I've tested with works well, but
intone. Anyway the slider works there...

>   You could try running intone from the command line and seeing what it
> throws up - if anything.

Done. Nothing changes.

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux