Exporting OM2008 contacts to VCard (was Re: OM2009t4: failure to suspend)

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Fri May 29 15:00:51 CEST 2009

On Fri, 29 May 2009 12:59:43 pm Max wrote:

> How to export contacts from om2008.12 to vcard?

If it works the same way as Qt Extended I just set up
an SMTP server and told it to send all contacts by email.

> Is it possible to handle sms messages in the same way?

I doubt it, IIRC they're stored in the Sqlite DB.

> How does it work with non-latin characters?

Not very well I would suspect, I've one contact with a name which was exported
with quoted printable encoding, but it just got imported as is to the Paroli
database. :-(

cheers,
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP