[SHR] No sound during calls

Yogiz yogizz at gmail.com
Sun May 31 14:58:11 CEST 2009

Hi.

I'm not sure where I messed up this time but hopefully someone can
point it out.

Few days back I had a fully functional SHR unstable (not the latest I
guess). Calls worked fine. I updated, got the problem that calls
started to echo again - see thread called "Re: [shr] [om2009] call
volume in shr-unstable". I changed
my /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/gsmhandset.state according to the
instructions in the thread as well but can't tell for sure if the
current problem started then. At one point however I had completely no
sound at all during calls and the other side didin't hear me either.
At that point returning gsmhandset.state to the original did not help
either. Well, I mess up my SHR about once or twice a month so that's
not a big deal and today I installed the latest unstable:

kernel:
uImage-2.6.29-oe10+gitr119809+f16c3431a1a7510eb3504ec5d96677dd0fac4cd6-r3.4-om-gta02.bin

image:
shr-shr-image-glibc-ipk--20090523-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2

I updated it as well.

Now the peculiar thing is that the problem still remains after the
reflash. I was sure that it was the gsmhandset state file that was
messed up but now I'm not so sure.

Does anyone have any ideas? The audio is not completely broken as I can
play mp3s on the device. I suspect that it's not a SHR-wide problem
either as I haven't seen anyone complain yet.

Yogiz