Battery only charger

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Sun May 31 16:38:12 CEST 2009

> Hi,
>
> does anyone know a good charger for the battery only?
>
> The wiki page about the battery [1] tells that you cannot charge the Freerunner battery in a Nokia phone or with original Nokia chargers.
> Does anyone know a working charger and a source where to get it (preferably in Germany).
>
> Has anyone tried the Nokia DT-14 [2] in any combination with or without success?
>
>  * DT-14 + original Nokia charger
>  * DT-14 + non-Nokia charger (which?)
>  * another desk stand (which?) + Nokia charger
>  * another desk stand (which?) + (optinal) non-Nokia charger (which?)
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Cheers,
>  Christian
>
> [1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Battery
> [2] http://europe.nokia.com/A4160020

Hi,

I finally found one here [1] + adapter [2] for EU power outlets for less than EUR 5 (no shipping fees).
I could completely (i.e. 100%) charge my second Freerunner battery with this charger.

Afterwards the following worked for me with SHR unstable 23/05/2009:
 * plug in USB
 * powerdown GSM
 * change battery
 * powerup GSM (needed to reenter PIN)